If you’ve got something important you’d like to share in the form of DESIGNS/ILLUSTRATIONS, here’s what you need to know:
- File size: Minimum 750 pixels in width and 380 pixels in height (can be taller than 380 pixels or a portrait layout, so long as it is not narrower than 750 pixels), but nothing bigger than 2MB.
- Mandatory elements: At least one line in the layout with your key message. Although we want to “subtly” brainwash our readers into better lifestyle choices, we don’t want them feeling like they’re reading the words of a preacher. Don’t proselytize, and avoid sounding overly self-helpy.
- Description: Include a short description about your design, if you’d like to say a little more about it, but don’t exceed 300 words for the benefit of the short attention-spanned.
- Content: You may use designs/illustrations that you’ve already made previously, provided that it is relevant to Muni content.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- We try to give our visitors content about mindful living that is informative, inspiring, and entertaining.
- We are interested in thought-provoking and action-oriented posts with surprising facts or friendly tips, such as “8 Reasons To Go Veg”, or “Why Buying Local Isn’t Always Good”, or “5 Easy Ways To Cut Costs & Your Carbon Footprint”.
- We love fun facts! Nothing like having some tidbit of knowledge we can drop at our next dinner with friends! Just make sure to check your sources and properly cite them.
- If in doubt about the illustration you plan to submit, shoot us an email, tweet, or Facebook message and we’ll see if it’s suitable for MUNI.
GUIDELINES FOR DESIGN/ILLUSTRATION SUBMISSIONS:
- Add captions with a question/scenario/statistic about the topic you want your readers to think about, preferably preceded by a “Muni on this:“.
- In writing your design description, try to use and repeat keyword phrases, which are terms that people search on Google and you want them to find your submission.
Ex. “Conscious Consumption” or “Philippine Indigenous Textiles” or “Yoga & Meditation Retreat”
- If you’re including links in your description, please note them in brackets after the appropriate text, like this [http://www.muni.com.ph]. Please do not hyperlink.
READY? If so, email firstname.lastname@example.org the following:
- Your original design/illustration, description, with a working title. Please send your post description in the body of an e-mail message with the subject: [CONTRIBUTE: Post Title]
- Please keep in mind that if your post is accepted, it might require editing, which can include copy, title, and image changes.
- We love connecting with new contributors. However, we’re a very lean team dealing with a stout stack of work and reading. If you do not receive feedback from us within five (5) working days, please try resending your email, or getting in touch with us via Facebook or Twitter.
- If you’re post is approved, we will be getting additional info from you for your author/contributor bio. Weee!