If you’ve got something important you’d like to share in the form of WORDS, here’s what you need to know:
- Word count: 250-1000 words. (250-word count for photo or video-intensive posts. We recommend staying under 700 words for the benefit of the short attention-spanned, unless you are really writing something that necessitates the length.)
- Tone: Inclusive, accessible, and generally positive. Although we want to encourage readers to adopt better lifestyle choices, we don’t want them feeling like they’re reading the words of a preacher. Don’t proselytize, and avoid sounding overly self-helpy.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- We try to give our readers content about mindful living that is informative, inspiring, and entertaining.
- We are interested in thought-provoking and action-oriented posts with surprising facts or friendly tips, such as “8 Reasons To Go Veg”, or “Why Buying Local Isn’t Always Good”, or “5 Easy Ways To Cut Costs & Your Carbon Footprint”.
- We love fun facts! Nothing like having some tidbit of knowledge we can drop at our next dinner with friends! Just make sure to check your sources and properly cite them.
- We also love personal stories about your mindfulness journey. Did you use to take long trips everyday in your car before deciding to ride your bike or take a train? Did you use to be a shopaholic before conscious consumption? Do tell!
- If in doubt about the article you plan to write, shoot us an email, tweet, or Facebook message and we’ll see if it’s suitable for MUNI.
GUIDELINES FOR ARTICLE SUBMISSIONS:
- Begin articles with a question/scenario/statistic about the topic you want your readers to think about, preferably preceded by a “Muni on this:“.
- If you’re including links, please note them in brackets after the appropriate text, like this [http://www.muni.com.ph]. Please do not hyperlink.
- Separate chunks of your article with section headers describing upcoming content for the skimmers.
- End with a call to action! What would you like your reader to think / do now?
READY? If so, email email@example.com the following:
- Your original written work with a working title. Please send your post as a Google Doc link in the body of an e-mail message with the subject: [CONTRIBUTE: Post Title]
- JPEG images for your post (please send as separate files) with links to original source if you do not own the image rights.
- Please keep in mind that if your post is accepted, it might require editing, which can include copy, title, and image changes.
- If you’re post is approved, we will be needing additional info from you for your author/contributor bio, so send that in as well!
- We love connecting with new contributors. However, we’re a very, very lean team dealing with a stout stack of work. If you do not receive feedback from us within ten (10) working days, please try resending your email, or getting in touch with us via Facebook.