As a result of MUNI Community interest in Zero Waste Living, coming from our first meetup on the topic at the MUNI Market last April, to our second one last July, and the desire to discover more practical, actionable ways to live with less waste…we bring you this upcoming meetup!
Join us on September 30 at Batala Bar (see photos below), as we bring you a back-to-back series of MUNI Meetups to talk trash and cut the crap!
We’ll be sharing practical solutions to reduce waste at home (from cleaning to composting), and outside of the home – when you travel. 🙂
Meetup attendees can also get their hands on zero waste lifestyle essentials with our package-free pop-up (see below) + the opportunity to meet others who share the advocacy for a waste-free world!
- 1:00PM-2:00PM -Gates open for registration / casual networking
MUNI Meetup Session #1: Zero Waste Ways in TRAVEL
with Dave Albao of Danjugan Island (on coastal cleanups and marine impacts)
& Jen Horn of MUNI (on zero waste travel in and out of the city)
+ Group discussion!
- 3:30PM-4:00PM – Break
MUNI Meetup Session #2: Zero Waste Ways at HOME
with Bea Misa Crisostomo of Ritual (on practical package-free, non-toxic cleaning)
& Gio Espital of Elmntm (on composting)
+ Group discussion!
- 5:30PM onwards – More casual networking and conscious cocktails 😀
P400 – Early bird registration on or before September 15 (Only 15 Early Bird slots available, so offer good only while slots last!)– sold out!
- P500 – Online registration until September 25
- P600 – Walk-in registration
- Access to two (2) Zero Waste Ways sessions (HOME & TRAVEL)
- Coffee / iced tea & bar chow from Batala Bar
- FREE 100ml refill of castile soap from Casa de Lorenzo when you bring your own container
- P200 discount for your own compost kit from Elmntm (priced at P450)
Prepaid tickets may be paid via BPI Bank Deposit to MUNI Cultural Creatives Inc. #2673-0078-16 or via PayPal payment to email@example.com (add P50/ticket for Paypal). Upon bank deposit / funds transfer, kindly send us proof of payment via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have limited slots available, so secure your spot by registering via the form below.
Also available at the event will be:
- Zero Waste sets including: 1 medium-sized Milea beeswax wrap, 1 Minka bamboo toothbrush, 1 straight GoZero metal straw, and 1 glass bottle of Bayani Brew Concentrate!
- THRIVE x MUNI upcycled cotton tote (seen in photo below, other items not included), handwoven in Bicol with respun shirt collars and other fabric scraps
Follow the Facebook event page for more updates!
If you’re a business that has zero waste products / solutions, and you want to be part of this event, shoot us an email at email@example.com. 🙂
HOW TO GET THERE:
Batala Bar is located at 830 Arnaiz Avenue in Makati. It’s kind of like a speak-easy with its incognito sign and secret doors, but it’s located at same building as Hineleban Café and a bike and surf shop.
Parking may be limited, but it’s also an easy walk from Glorietta or Greenbelt.
Just look for the Batala Bar / Philippine Artisan Trade symbol (as in the photo on the right), and go through the door right underneath it! Or enter via the “secret” door through the bike shop. 🙂
Check out these photos at Batala Bar:
*Update: REGISTRATION IS CLOSED.
If you registered online in time, we look forward to seeing you there! 🙂