Join our MUNI Manila Meetup at Commune Cafe in Makati on September 6, 2014, Saturday from 2:30-5:00pm!
Not familiar with Muni Meetups? Check them out here.
Some basic ground rules
- Get to know other attendees, and let everyone have their air time
- Share what you know that can create a balance discussion or move the discussion forward
- Maintain an open mind and listen to what others have to share
Individuals interested to volunteer or be more involved with MUNI activities / campaigns are welcome to join a Team Muni meeting after the meetup to learn more about our upcoming projects and how you can help.
How it works
Meetups usually involve 3-4 topics, depending on the number of attendees, and the preferred topics chosen by those who pre-register for the event.
Register for the meetup by filling out the form at the end of this post.
We then assign you to a corresponding group, so that you can be part of a more in depth discussion on a topic that matters more to you. And you still get the benefit of hearing summarized versions of the other topics too. 🙂
For this meetup, our potential topics include:
- Collaborative Consumption
[Relevant read/s: Collaborative Consumption & The Sharing Economy]
- Sustainable Leather / Materials / Production
[Relevant read/s: Does “sustainable leather” actually exist?]
- Positive Psychology versus Dealing with Depression
[Relevant read/s: Mind Your Mind in 4 Simple Ways; On Robin Williams, and popular misconceptions about mental illness]
- Indigenous Culture / Cultural Appropriation
[Relevant read/s: K’na The Dreamweaver & T’boli Culture]
You can also shape the discussion by making another topic a point for discussion (whether in this meetup or the next) by adding your suggestion in the form below.
- 2:30 – 3:00 p.m. Registration / casual networking / dinner
- 3:00 – 3:10 p.m. Introduction by MUNI
- 3:10 – 3:25 p.m. Group introductions
- 3:25 – 3:55 p.m. Group discussions
- 3:55 – 4:25 p.m. Sharing by various groups
- 4:25 – 4:40 p.m. Synthesis / summary
- 4:40 – 5:00 p.m. Open mic; Casual networking
Individuals interested to volunteer or be more involved with MUNI activities / campaigns are welcome to stay and chat after the meetup to learn more about us, our projects and how you can help. 🙂
To join the event, we will be asking that you pay a P100 fee upon entry, which is fully consumable on your choice of food / beverage at Commune.
This will include access to a great learning and networking event, and a community of passionate, socially and environmentally conscious individuals!
Want to start a MUNI hub or create a MUNI Meetup in your city/province? Got other questions about MUNI or our meetups? Contact us via e-mail at email@example.com, via Facebook, via Twitter (@muni_PH), or via mobile at +63 917 458 2330.