#MUNIonThis: When we think of champions or crusaders for Climate Change, we may often think of radical extremists and placard-wielding treehuggers. But there’s a different breed of advocates of sustainability and Climate Change resilience that make things sexy, cool, and fun.
In line with this, MUNI presents CLIMATE = CHANGE, a casual conversation with Filipinos changing systems for Climate Change and finding new / different ways to help our community, country and planet, this coming June 21, 3-5pm, at Bo’s Coffee in Glorietta 5, Makati.
(Yep, we know Climate Change can be a heavy topic, but our goal is to keep it light, relatable, and easy-to-understand and do something about.) 😀
To give us some insight on how we can create more impactful change, our main featured guest will be Pat Gallardo-Dwyer, the Hongkong-based Global Director for Sustainability of Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts, who will share her story on changing systems from within. We don’t have to be radical placard-wielding extremists to effect change, in fact, it’s about effecting change by working together with large corporations too, structures that are already in place.
And we’re rounding out the discussion together with Krie Reyes Lopez of Messy Bessy, and Jourdan Sebastian of Taclob, around what other ways we can infiltrate the mainstream mindset and create new ways of thinking about solutions for Climate Change mitigation and adaptation. 😉
The event is open to anyone interested in being part of the conversation on Climate Change, and how we can work to address it in ways big and small, with our own resources and networks, as well as those we have to reach out for / send cold e-mails time and again to. 😀
- Learn from people taking their own approaches to addressing Climate Change
- Share new / different approaches to creating impact in our community, country, and planet
- Connect like-minded individuals out to do good (Woohoo!)
FEATURED GUESTS / SPEAKERS
- Pat Gallardo-Dwyer
Global Director for Sustainability, Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts
- Krie Reyes Lopez
Founder, Messy Bessy
- Jourdan Sebastian
- 2:30 – 3:00 p.m. Registration / casual networking
- 3:00 – 3:15 p.m. [Program proper] Introductions by MUNI & Bo’s Coffee
- 3:15 – 3:45 p.m. Moderated discussion with the 3 guest speakers
- 3:45 – 4:15 p.m. Open forum
- 4:15 – 4:30 p.m. Pitching other ideas and projects c/o attendees
- 4:30 p.m. onwards Casual networking
- P250 for prepaid slots, inclusive of merienda (afternoon snack)
- P300 for on-the-day payments / walk-ins, inclusive of merienda (afternoon snack)
* Only 20 slots available.