#MUNIonThis: What if people of different backgrounds could come together for a fun and laid-back day for a mindful exchange of goods and ideas? 🙂
That is our aim with MUNI Market Day, happening on June 1, 9AM-9PM at The Grove by Rockwell in C5, Pasig.
MUNI Market Day will be a creative, collaborative landmark event for mindful living in the metro – promoting conscious consumption, celebrating mindful products, and sparking meaningful conversations and collaborations with individuals & organizations that value well-being, and social and environmental consciousness.
A Community for Mindful Living
As a cause-oriented community and creative marketing company whose thrust it is to share ideas on mindful living, MUNI advocates that one way by which we can live mindfully is by practicing conscious consumption – being more aware of the impact of our buying behavior. By choosing products that are locally made or eco-friendly, we choose to put our pesos on products / businesses that share our values of maximizing impact in our community while minimizing impact on the planet.
Why “MUNI Market Day”?
Historically, markets were not only places of trade, but venues for cultural exchange. Here, people from different cultures met and exchanged food, literature, knowledge, and philosophies.
MUNI Market Day aims to educate consumers on ways to shop, eat, and live more mindfully, and give them an opportunity to get to know the makers and the stories behind local and/or eco-friendlier products through a 1-day fair integrating workshops and conversations on upcycled crafting, healthy eating and cause-driven business.
Why are we doing this?
Now more than ever, people are becoming more and more conscious of their impact in the world, and more and more people want to be able to move with more purpose in the world and live a little more meaningfully everyday, even through their daily decisions. To help facilitate that, MUNI Market Day aims to:
- Showcase makers of mindfully created goods & services
- Educate people on conscious consumption and increase their options
- Bring together creative, like-minded individuals, who want to live more socially and environmentally-conscious lifestyles
- Buy locally made or eco-friendly products from brands like Rags2Riches, Lagu, Marsse, Tala Luna, Custom Made Crafts;
- Eat healthy & local with groups like GK Enchanted Farm, Edgy Veggy, Good Food Co., Theo & Philo, Tsaa Daloy, KKK Coffee, Nipa Foods, and Lotus Pod;
- Donate books for the Global Shapers Manila book drive to raise books for 200 libraries across the Philippines [GUIDELINES: Accepted books will be used / new children’s books, used / new general reference books (2012 or newer only), unused coloring books / textbooks]
- Win raffle prizes from our merchants and sponsors
- Join activities like the Upcycled Crafting Workshop, and discussions on Healthy Eating, and Building Cause-driven Businesses*;
- Listen to local musicians like Slow Hello, We Are Imaginary, Ton Vergel de Dios of Ukelele Manila, Gentle Universe / Musiko Imbento, Library Kids, Three!, Ateneo Blue Symphony
- 09:00 a.m. Event opens
- 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 noon Upcycled Crafting Workshop with Katha Magazine*
- 12:00 noon – 02:00 p.m. Live music performances
- 02:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Healthy Eating Forum / Session*
- 04:00 p.m. – 05:00 p.m. Cause-driven Business Forum / Session with GoNegosyo*
- 05:00 p.m. – 09:00 p.m. Live music performances
- 09:00 p.m. Event closes
* Slots are limited. Pre-registration for the specific activity is required. See more activity details and register here.
Want to be part of this?
For more inquiries, e-mail us at email@example.com.