#MUNIonThis: What kind of impact do we create when we travel?
We believe true travel lies in one’s efforts to better understand a place’s culture, history, and people, as opposed to simply ticking places to see off of a list. We believe that the heart of a true traveller lies in his or her capacity to give, as opposed to take, from the places he or she visits.
Furthermore, we believe that choosing to travel local whenever possible allows us to help our local economy, and minimize our carbon footprint (at least when we choose to travel by land or sea).
As such, we’re happy to be partnering with companies that promote a more responsible way of travelling for our first ever quiz night!
For this event, MUNI is partnering with tour companies, Route +63 and Trail Adventours to better inculcate this travel philosophy in a fun and engaging way (with lots of prizes up for grabs for our guests)! Other partners include Culture Shock PH, Lagu, Moonleaf Tea Shop, RuMe, Tala Luna, Kawil Tours, Kultura Kamp, Gouache, and Brownman Surf.
We’ve already got some P40,000 worth of prizes to give away, and more partners are still coming in! 🙂 Some of the night’s prizes include:
Travel and tours
- 5 GCs worth P1,000 each from Route +63
- 5 day hikes worth P1,800 each from Trail Adventours
- 1 free slot to Coron-Cuilon tour on June 12-15 worth P6,000 from Kawil Tours
- 5 sand-repellant beach blankets worth P999 each from Lagu
- 5 travel tote bags worth P525 each from RuMe
- 5 travel pockets worth P250 each from RuMe
- 5 handwoven bags worth P300 each from Tala Luna
(each with a P100 discount on Tala Luna footwear)
1 bath & body set worth P630 from Brown Belly
1 pair of purple coastal pants worth P1,350 from Brown Belly
- 1 black Holga bag worth P1750 from Gouache
- 1 olive lunch bag worth P750 from Gouache
Other fun stuff
- 5 MUNI x Moonleaf 2014 planners from MUNI & Moonleaf Tea Shop
- 5 GCs worth P200 each for events by MUNI
- 5 shirts worth P250 each from Culture Shock PH
- 3 shirts worth P250 each from Kultura Kamp
- Abelling grass seed accessories for women worth P260 from Kultura Kamp
- Travel souvenirs from Route +63
- Drinks and GCs from Moonleaf Tea Shop
1 bed jacket worth P880 from Brown Belly
- Stickers from Brownman Surf
Quiz mechanics will be revealed in the coming days via our Facebook event page! And because we want this to be an avenue for you to meet new people as well, groups will be assigned on the day! (Bawal ang clique-ish.)
Tickets are at P100 each, inclusive of food and a beverage, and lots of fun facts, new friends, Filipino pride, potentially free travel, and a new perspective on travelling!
We’ve got only 50 slots available for this, so it just means that you have a really high chance of winning these amazing prizes to help you travel more responsibly!
As a collaborative community for mindful living, one of the things we try to promote is a more conscious, and conscientious, way of travelling. So, save the date, bring a friend along, and join us for Biyaheng Lokal Quiz Night!
Keep checking this post or our Facebook event page for updates!