EAT BETTER: A MUNI Cebu HOHOL with Youth For a Livable Cebu aims to inform and encourage healthier eating habits and holistic food choices through a night of sharing and networking with advocates of healthy and mindful eating. These women are passionate about eating better. They understand that their food choices not only affects their body, but also the community, and the environment, thus incorporating their advocacy with their lifestyles as well as their work.
- Chip Lopez is a chef, plant-based whole foods advocate; food activist and an Ecolectic enthusiast. She started her training under Chef Jim Perko, executive chef for the Cleveland Clinic Wellness institute in Cleveland, Ohio. She will be tackling how healthy eating can be fun and will include tips and techniques to make it so.
- Fiona Jade Lim is a co-founder of Youth for a Livable Cebu (YLC), the youth arm of the Movement for a Livable Cebu (MLC), and was formed by young professionals united by their love and passion to make Cebu a better place to live in. She spearheads many of the vertical farm projects of YLC, her main advocacy, to help green the urban landscape and contribute to sustainable living.
- Jenifer Rodriguez-Martinez took her 1 month teacher training course under Yoga Alliance in Manila then became a certified yoga teacher. She eventually put up her own studio, YogaHub Cebu. She is also proof that vegetarians can have active lifestyles, being one herself. She will be talking about how having an active lifestyle and being vegetarian go hand in hand.
- 6:00 – 6:30 p.m. Registration / casual networking
- 6:30 – 6:45 p.m. Introductions by Abaseria, MUNI, and YLC
- 6:45 – 7:30 p.m. 10-minute talks by each of the 3 guest speakers
- 7:30 – 8:00 p.m. Open forum on healthy eating and the state of the industry in Cebu
- 8:00 p.m. onwards Casual networking
- A full course meal with soup, main course, dessert and drink
- P50 off on Youth For A Livable Cebu shirt
For more tips on eating better, check out this post on some simple things you can do!