Muni on this:
What if we can create a new culture of awareness through creative endeavors we love doing anyway?
#CutTheCrap #NoMoreButts: An Eyegasmic Campaign
We’ve started the campaign by first circulating e-posters by illustrators Rob Cham, Manix Abrera, Celina de Guzman, Reg Silva, OJ Desuasido and JP Cuison via our Facebook page.
Then, we’re proposing the use of film canisters (some of which were funkified by our partner artists, no less) as temporary storage for used cigarette filters in times when trash bins are not immediately accessible.
Why film canisters? No added fuel / energy is needed because these are something we simply upcycle (there’s lots of it lying around in people’s drawers, waiting for reuse). They’re also small enough to easily fit in your bag / pocket, and can fit a fair number of cigarette butts for personal consumption.
Dominating All The Senses
After the eye-gasm through our e-posters and film canisters, we’ll be distributing the canisters at our #CutTheCrap gig on June 15 at Route 196 and complete the multi-sensory campaign with music from Pedicab, Ciudad, Your Imaginary Friends, Slow Hello, No Rome and RomCom! 😀
Check out this draft video by Red House Productions shot at co.lab featuring our illustrator and musician collaborators talking about Muni and the #CutTheCrap campaign, and inviting you to the #CutTheCrap gig! 🙂
Tickets are at P200 via Artiste Connect or via Muni’s online shop), and at P250 at the gate, inclusive of a beer, a #CutTheCrap canister, 10% discount from Muni’s online shop, subscription to Muni’s newsletter, and a Thank You e-card. 🙂
Support for the #CutTheCrap Campaign
Your support in this project will directly help us make the following things happen:
- Spread more awareness about Muni’s #CutTheCrap movement by buying tickets, attending and talking about the gig
- Help us continue to create more campaigns and events to spread the #CutTheCrap campaign (not limited to gigs, but also for videos, hangouts/discussions, screenings, exhibits, workshops, etc.)
- Help us keep www.muni.com.ph going (We’ve been running on no funding since November and have had to shell out from our own pocket to set up and maintain the website. And while we’re happy to do this for Muni, we realized we can’t sustain the site that way.)
- Contribute funds to Save Philippine Seas‘ Pawikan Watchers project (25% of proceeds will go to Save Philippine Seas)
In backing the project, you’ll be able to:
- Watch Pedicab, Ciudad, Your Imaginary Friends, Slow Hello, RomCom, and No Rome
- See works by our partner illustrators Rob Cham, Manix Abrera, JP Cuison, Apol Sta. Maria, OJ Desuasido, Reg Silva, Celina de Guzman, and Kasey Albano
- Get a chance to win the following prizes when you purchase raffle stubs:
- Lagu beach blankets
- Loud Basstard bamboo speakers
- Lumago Designs upcycled jewelry
- Punchdrunk Panda graphic-designed merch
- Manila Sole upcycled tire footwear
- Messy Bessy home / personal care products
- Bambowtie bamboo bowties
- AETA Organics hot sauce
…and possibly more! 🙂
*There will be several pieces to be raffled off per brand so there will be a LOT of prizes to go around! 🙂 (Close to P30,000 worth of prizes!)
- Patronize socially/environmentally conscious brands at discounted prices through Muni’s online shop (and possibly at the event itself)
- Be part of a community of like-minded people who you just might collaborate with on awesome projects in the future 🙂
All roads lead to Route 196 on June 15! 😉